Completed 4 years ago (04/25/10 16:27:12)
Milestone 6 is now live on the Sourceforge.net servers!
Milestone 6 is still a development release - we do not release any binaries, just source code.
The release consists a single archive with the C++ source code, images and levels.
To build the Butterfly Effect, you need a set of development packages present on your Linux system. The Dependencies page has more info.
You can download the archives and the release notes here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tbe/files/Milestone%206/
Note that the archive contains processed images - if you want the sources of the images, you need to get the files from subversion.
features and fixes
Major new features for Milestone 6:
- finish i18n framework #20 #23 #53
- support for dutch (nl) language #21 #22
- new concept: PivotPoint will make hinges and such possible #28
- many new levels #18
- finish drag&drop of objects #1 #2 #7 #10 #47 #66
- fix resizing of objects to prevent collision #3
- PolyObject allows non-square objects in a generic fashion #44 #54
- finish Properties class #30
- move several level-defined objects into RectObject and/or PolyObject #17
- remove icon definitions for most toolboxitems #13
- improve rendering speed by caching SVG images #49
Many defects were fixed without creating a ticket first, so the actual number of fixes is well over 80!