This page list the features of the SvxLink server and Qtel. It is a quick way to understand what the applications can be used for.
The SvxLink Server
These are the most important features of the SvxLink server application.
- Can act as a repeater controller or just operate on a simplex channel
- Plugin based system to load voice services into the SvxLink logic core
- DTMF controlled
- DTMF anti-flutter mode to suppress multiple digit detection when mobile flutter is present or during weak-signal conditions
- A sound clip based system for announcements
- Periodic identification
- A script based (TCL) event handling system
- Possible to use left/right stereo channels as two mono channels
- Roger beep
- Trigger manual identification by pressing DTMF *
- A simple shortcut, or macro, subsystem
- Repeater logic specific features:
- Multiple repeater activation modes: 1750 Hz tone burst, CTCSS, DTMF or squelch open.
- The repeater can be configured to activate again on just squelch open directly after close.
- Periodic "idle sound" when the repeater is up but no signal is being received
- Announcements are mixed in with normal audio
- The volume of announcements is lowered if there are other traffic
- Remind users to identify themselves if they don't
- Possible to define multiple logic cores to connect to multiple transceivers
- Possible to link logic cores together
- Support for multiple receivers using a software voter
- Remote receivers can be linked to the logic core via TCP/IP(Internet)
- Remote transmitters can be linked to the logic core via TCP/IP (Internet)
- Multiple squelch detectors: Vox, CTCSS, signal level, evdev (/dev/input/) and external (through serial port pin)
- Multi tone signalling to transmit signal strength measurements from a remote RX site that is linked in through RF.
- Digital deemphasis/preemphasis filter
- DTMF muting
- Squelch tail elimination
- Flexible CTCSS transmit. A tone can be configured to be transmitted always or on specific events like when the squelch is open, another logic core transmits, a module transmits and/or when an announcement is being played.
- A QSO recorder feature to record QSO:s to WAV-files.
- Possible to control SvxLink using selective calling (SelCall) codes in addition to DTMF commands.
- A simple help system module
- A parrot module that retransmit received audio
- An EchoLink module used to connect to other EchoLink nodes
- Idle timeout
- A callsign lookup/connect by callsign function
- List connected stations on demand
- Own node id report function
- Random connect to link, repeater or conference
- Reconnect to last disconnected node
- Listen only mode
- APRS node info announcement support
- If two SvxLink nodes connect, a better audio codec, Speex, is used instead of the GSM codec. This will provide much improved audio quality.
- Possible to limit both incoming and outgoing connections to specified stations using regular expressions
- EchoLink Proxy support
- A voice mail module
- Record voice mail for local users
- A DTMF repeater module that retransmits received DTMF digits.
- Control other DTMF controlled stations on the same frequency
- A propagation monitor module that read back propagation warnings from DXMAPS (www.dxmaps.com) alert emails.
- A selective calling encoder module that use DTMF commands to make SvxLink send out selective calling sequences.
- Possible to write new modules in the TCL scripting language
Qtel - The Qt EchoLink Client
These are the most important features of the Qtel application.
- Graphical EchoLink client application
- Use the Qt widget toolkit
- The EchoLink station list is divided into Conferences, Links, Repeaters and Stations
- A bookmark system
- Support for multiple languages (English, Swedish, German, Spanish, Ukranian, Russian, Hungarian, Japanese, French and Italian at the moment)
- When connecting to a SvxLink node through EchoLink, a better audio codec, Speex, is used. This provides a much improved audio quality.
- EchoLink Proxy support
For Subversion users there is a SubversionFeatureList which also contain the not yet released features.