released on Sunday, 22nd August 2010
This release finishes the database conversion to a new and more modern schema convention. The schema is supposed to remain stable for quite a while now and provides a base for doing a re-write using the Symfony 2.0 framework. The re-write decision is the driving force behind this release. If you like this idea and share my excitement about symfony 2.0, please let me know. The more people the faster it'll be!
Standing on Symfony's hyper-modern feet StockManiac`s user experience should improve a lot. I want all pages be more flexible and more to the point. That is, less crowded with information one does not want to see right now. And its also about security and robustness: the long standing issue of SQL Injection will be past since the database abstraction layer will take care of things like this. Finally the framework should allow me to put more time into features by requiring less time for technical infrastructure behind the curtain.
OK, so much on the outlook, now more on this release:
There are lots of fixes and improvements. Most importantly PHP 5.3 adjustments and proper time-zone handling that comes with it. Each user must login an configure the time-zone properly on the Account Settings page. By default there is UTC but that is most likely wrong since all quote data was/is stored by stockmaniacd using the systems local time-zone. Only few people have UTC here. If you forget to set the timezone you will see strange behaviour on the GUI. Like wrong or no quotes and wrong portfolio and asset summaries.
News gathering capabilities of stockmaniacd have been repaired. The were a number of bugs making news retrieval essentially broken in the previous release. Should work again now.
Now get it from SourceForge right away.
- all tables are converted to the new db naming convention
- gui: made dbc.class.php use the MySQLi extension
- gui: use SimplePie to handle RSS feeds
- BUGFIX: #69 not all regular figures shown
- BUGFIX: all settings were stored with id_user=0
- BUGFIX: #57 order figures by name
- BUGFIX: dont offer autofigures for selection
- BUGFIX: #7 selecting a specific figure shows header for another figure
- BUGFIX: #63 pivot points gone
- BUGFIX: #60 rename field confirmed=>audited
- BUGFIX: #39 order edit/modify/execute forms dont close after submit
- BUGFIX: #59 figure var can not be changed
- BUGFIX: #64 no text in timetag report
- BUGFIX: #62 report which autofigures could not be calculated
- BUGFIX: #58 plugin broken on empty positions
- BUGFIX: re-create update_news_item_counter trigger, closes #41
- BUGFIX: found even more old fieldnames
- BUGFIX: missed to renamed some fields
- BUGFIX: do not show positions sold later in the year
- BUGFIX: position.closed should never be NULL
- BUGFIX: maximumcrashes parameter missing for feeds
- a fair number of minor fixes
9bee24d470f90354d0ce44912ecef4086231617a stockmaniac-0.16.0-1.el5.src.rpm f39b4cde13a19bde904a6860b749314be9cf5490 stockmaniac-0.16.0-1.fc13.src.rpm 586d77878160d63be667fec85cc6e3db797fff40 stockmaniac-daemon-0.16.0-1.el5.noarch.rpm f6ed8fde2da528ba363b138a4feb57cece092647 stockmaniac-daemon-0.16.0-1.fc13.noarch.rpm 2a47db332aa14960c1f657b28244bc5a29ce10a2 stockmaniac-daemon-0.16.0.tar.gz 8feafae8da0c4c27c3b4f745d148748b83adb14f stockmaniac-gui-0.16.0-1.el5.noarch.rpm 1771e0053dc2b9930309e01918a03d14bd77d7aa stockmaniac-gui-0.16.0-1.fc13.noarch.rpm a4171d26721563441b7095724b658f6767921667 stockmaniac-gui-0.16.0.tar.gz b09e4d4ea88082d204ac14360e66e27290f56717 stockmaniac-manual-0.16.0-1.el5.noarch.rpm f7a1458a9ea9778ca15705cdf3b6207b7ef1412b stockmaniac-manual-0.16.0-1.fc13.noarch.rpm 4cfb3590666702d50d80a4c4a4703f393317eab2 stockmaniac-manual-0.16.0.tar.gz 1ba571786d760b035afa90e4b62377db3fd415b4 stockmaniac-src-0.16.0.tar.gz 763842af05ee6d686aee5ca699b9ce839b3d9ff3 stockmaniac-unittest-0.16.0-1.el5.noarch.rpm 67172e90bf93257ef9d4b5eee54b939a815cfdf6 stockmaniac-unittest-0.16.0-1.fc13.noarch.rpm