|Version 2 (modified by manningr, 4 years ago)|
This page will capture the details of what it takes to convert the SQuirreL SQL Client's CVS repository to SVN. It's not a hard process thanks to the work of Tigris.org and SourceForge?. Here are the steps:
- Get a copy of the current repo using rsync.
mkdir squirrel_cvs_rsync cd squirrel_cvs_rsync rsync -av rsync://squirrel-sql.cvs.sourceforge.net/cvsroot/squirrel-sql/* .
- Convert the copy from CVS to SVN using cvs2svn (which creates an svn dump file)
cvs2svn --encoding=utf_8 --dumpfile=svndump .
- scp the svn dump file to shell.sf.net.
- Checkout the svn repo for admin
- Import the svn dump file into new svn repo.
And that is all there is to it.