Ticket #142 (closed task: fixed)
Task A04 : Add a preview image for each available livery of each car / driver
|Reported by:||pouillot||Owned by:||ocirne94|
|Keywords:||livery preview car driver||Cc:|
Now #138 / D29 is nearly completed, this work can start, or at least the discussions about how to do it.
The code expects the image files to be :
- .png files for the moment, but JPEG support will be added soon, so let's say it is .jpg files (better for size reasons),
- to be named like this <car name>-<skin name>-preview.jpg, except for the "standard" skins : <car name>-preview.jpg
- to be located in the same folder as the associated skin/livery file, wherever it is now.
The recommended size for these images could be (let's discuss though) :
- 16x10 or 16x9 aspect ratio (nowadays and expected future screens dimensions),
- at least 800x500 pixels (about half our current target max screen size 1920x1080 (HT TV).
Another question to solve : what environment, distance, car position, ... do we define for these "shots" in order to get a consistent aspect and enable the users to compare the cars and liveries at a glance ?