|Version 6 (modified by travis-w, 5 years ago)|
What is Trove?
SourceForge.net makes use of the Trove system to classify projects. The Trove data is shown within the Software Map, on Project Summary pages, and in search results. Trove data can be edited by project administrators.
Trove categories cover subjects including:
- Topic (i.e. to describe the function of the software)
- Intended audience
- Operating System the software was written for
- Programming Language the software was written in
- User Interface type
- Development status
What is the Software Map?
The SourceForge.net Software Map allows users to sift through SourceForge.net projects by their Trove data, filtering the results to find the projects that match their needs.
Editing Trove Data
- Login to SourceForge.net as a project administrator and go to the Project Summary page.
- Select the "Public Info" menu option from the Admin menu dropdown.
- Click on the "[Edit Trove Categorization]" link and follow the provided instructions.