Register a user account
No account is needed in order to download from SourceForge.net. Some site features, such as our bug tracking and forum systems, may require login to participate.
SourceForge.net user accounts are available free of charge after simple account registration.
- Go to the account registration page.
- Through the registration form, provide us a valid email address.
- We recommend you also use a strong, unique password on your account. *Within 24 hours, a confirmation mail will be delivered.
- Click on the link in the confirmation email to complete activation of your account.
- For users that have logged in using OpenID, please go to the account page and click on the link to Get One by creating a SourceForge account.
An OpenID account can be used to access the site and that is a fully valid account. No further registration is needed. See our OpenID documentation for more details.
SourceForge.net users receive the following benefits when logged-in:
- The My SF.net page, a dashboard of activity and data related to your account on the site.
- A firstname.lastname@example.org mail alias.
- Attribution of posts to project forums.
- Email notifications when your Tracker tickets are updated.
- Ability to join a project or register a project.
- Opt-in for donations.
- Release files for download
- Db (mysql)
- Source Code Management facilities: Subversion, CVS, Git, Mercurial, and Bazaar
- Shell service
- Project web/Developer web
- User mail aliases
- Project membership