|Version 4 (modified by hinojosa, 5 years ago)|
Register a project for hosting
The SourceForge.net process for registering a new open source software or documentation project will walk a user through the steps to get going.
- Type of project to be registered (OSS, documentation, OSS content).
- Public description so visitors can know what the project is about.
- Detailed description for SourceForge.net review and processing.
- UNIX (group) name.
- OSI" [http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd "compliant license selection.
- Trove (Category) selection which helps project be found by site visitors.
- Abandoned Project Takeovers?
Note: We only approve open source projects. We do not approve projects for personal web sites, band sites, fan sites, or any other content not directly related to an open source software project.
The project registration facility is always available for registered site users.
SourceForge.net employees review every project registration submission for adherence to our Project registration guidelines?. Submissions that are found to contain copy and pasted data, repetitious data, or "junk" (garbage) registration descriptions will be rejected. The SourceForge.net staff will annotate accounts of submitters of such registrations. If a second such submission is made, the account of the submitter will be terminated.
Submitters of projects to advertise commercial ventures (tour facilities, manufacturing services, etc.) which we deem as SPAM, will have their accounts immediately terminated and the submission rejected without comment.