|Version 15 (modified by hinojosa, 4 years ago)|
Will SourceForge.net host my project?
Please reference the Site Legal documentation for projects that qualify for hosting on SourceForge.net for a full description. All projects hosted on SourceForge.net must use an OSI compliant license.
How do I register my project on SourceForge.net?
Registered users of SourceForge.net may create or take over a project.
Steps to create a new project
- Select the type of project you are creating (OSS development, OSS Documentation].
- Provide data in the required fields, including a project UNIX name.
- The project UNIX name is central to all future reference to the project so choose this well.
- All project UNIX names are checked interactively to confirm availability.
- Provide a public description (this can be changed at any time) that is less than 255 characters.
- Provide registration description using our Project registration guidelines as a reference for success.
- Select your desired OSI compliant license.
- Select project categories"
- Accept "User Agreements"
What features will SourceForge.net provide my project?
SourceForge.net offers a number of features to site users and even more for project teams. Of note for projects and developers associated to projects are the Hosted Apps, our download service, as well as Source Code Management (SCM) services (CVS, Subversion).
Project review and approval
All project registrations are reviewed by SourceForge.net staff members. We usually approve projects at least once a day and often more frequently. Projects registered on the weekend are addressed on the next working day.
Using your new project
Start here to get off on the right foot with your new project.