|Version 3 (modified by travis-w, 4 years ago)|
The Help Wanted system allows projects to advertise open positions for volunteers. This is similar to the jobs section of a newspaper. Projects define the necessary skill and a description of the job opening. Site users may review Help Wanted ads and find a project that needs their help.
Create a new ad
To create a new Help Wanted ad:
- Log into the SourceForge.net website.
- Go to the project's summary page (https://www.sf.net/projects/PROJECTNAME/).
- Click the "Admin" link.
- Click the "Recruitment" link.
- Click the "Post Jobs" link.
- Fill out the "Create a New Job" form and click the "Continue >>" button.
- Add the minimum required skills and experience. Click the "Add Skill" button each time a new skill is to be added.
- Click on the 'Finished' button.
Edit an existing ad
To edit a previously posted Help Wanted advertisement:
- Log into the SourceForge.net website
- Go to the project's summary page (https://www.sf.net/projects/PROJECTNAME/)
- Click on the project 'Admin' link
- Click on the 'Recruitment' link
- Click on the 'Edit previously posed jobs' link
- Click on the title of the job to edit
- Click on the 'Edit Job' link
- Modify the job as desired and click on the 'Finished' button
Jobs posted to the Help Wanted system are automatically closed after two weeks. Please keep a local copy (i.e. in a text file or similar) of your job postings, as copies are not generally retained by the SourceForge.net system.