|Version 50 (modified by moorman, 5 years ago)|
Hosted Apps at SourceForge.net
Over the years, SourceForge.net staff and users have identified a number of well-written Open Source applications which are useful to developers for personal use and critical to meeting the needs of Open Source software development projects. Through the Hosted Apps service, SourceForge.net provides hosted instances of these applications, allowing projects and developers to easily gain access to these tools, without incurring the overhead of handling the software installation, day-to-day maintenance and version upgrades.
Hosted Apps are available to all SourceForge.net projects and developers (project members). Project-specific instances of Hosted Apps should be used for content related to that Open Source project. Developer-specific instances of Hosted Apps may be used for personal content.
We've selected the following applications for inclusion as Hosted Apps. All of these applications are available for immediate use by projects and project developers on an opt-in basis.
|AN Guestbook||Guestbook||Feature List, Demo|
|Codestriker||Web-based Code review||Screenshots, Documentation|
|dotProject||Project management||Documentation, Demo|
|Gallery||Image gallery||Feature List, Documentation|
|Laconica||Microblogging||Feature List, Documentation|
|LimeSurvey||Surveys||Feature List, Documentation, Demo|
|MantisBT||Bug tracking||Feature List, Documentation, Demo|
|MediaWiki||Wiki||Documentation, Reference Manual, Data import|
|TaskFreak!||Task management||Documentation, Demo|
|Trac||Bug tracking and Wiki||Documentation|
Please note that SourceForge.net requires HTTP authentication on https traffic to All hosted apps. This includes the Mantis SOAP server. If you intend on using the SOAP services on your Mantis instance, please ensure that you have your SOAP client passe your credentials via HTTP plain authentication instead of as SOAP session parameters.
- Any of the supported applications are available to projects and developers immediately after a simple opt-in.
- All applications are tied to SourceForge.net user accounts; it is not necessary to create accounts in each application.
- SourceForge.net staff handle application maintenance and upgrades, leaving you to focus on actually using the application rather than maintaining its install.
- An easy-to-use backup facility is provided so you can access your application data, so you can make your own backups on-demand and are not permanently locked-in to using our service.
Opt-in, opt-out and administrative access is controlled from the SourceForge.net site using the Hosted App management interface. Permissions and settings for each Hosted App are controlled using the administrative interface provided within the Hosted App.
Project administrators may manage the Hosted Apps for their project as follows:
- Go to your Project Summary page.
- From the Project Admin menu pulldown, select the Feature Settings menu item .
- To Opt-in: Under the Available Features tab, select the checkbox by the application you wish to use. Your application will be available (with links on the Enabled Features page and in your project menus) about a minute later.
Developers may opt-in and manage personal instances of Hosted Apps from their My Hosted Apps page.
While SourceForge.net maintains routine database and file backups for all SourceForge.net systems, we encourage users and projects to make their own backups on a regular basis. Backups of Hosted Apps data may be made easily from the Backups section of the Hosted Apps management page. Direct filesystem and database access to Hosted Apps is not provided.