|Version 26 (modified by moorman, 4 years ago)|
- Log a Support Request Now.
- Log a Request For Enhancement Now.
- Check the Site Status for known outages.
- SourceForge.net Support SLA?
SourceForge.net staff provide support for the site. Projects provide support for the software they have released on SourceForge.net. SourceForge.net is a hosting provider -- we don't provide end-user assistance with the software projects have released on our site.
To obtain support in using SourceForge.net:
So that users have the highest level of success when submitting new issues to the support team, see our Support best practices Guide. Our standard coverage window is 6AM Pacific to 5PM Pacific, Monday through Friday. We provide special coverage on nights and weekends, and on holidays. Issues submitted by site subscribers are given priority.
Software Project Support
SourceForge.net provides hosting for more than 150,000 different Open Source software development projects. We supply these projects a set of tools they can use for support, including forums, bug tracking software, and mailing lists. To obtain support for the software provided by a project, you need to contact that project.
Talk directly with SourceForge.net staff
The SourceForge.net support team maintains a presence on the freenode IRC network and the Slashnet IRC network to give users an open door to discuss problems and needs with our team. This is a great way to ask usage questions and get responses in real-time. Presence is generally maintained during business hours.
In the case of problem reports or administrative requests, we will generally still ask you to submit a ticket for the problem so we can track your issue history and confirm authenticity of the request. If you're asking for something where we need to confirm your identity before providing service, please submit a ticket before coming to talk with us on IRC.
- Server: irc.freenode.net
- Channel: #sourceforge
- SourceForge.net staff are designated as channel operators and have a sourceforge/staff cloak; other users may be present on the channel. Reminder: never give out your password or private data; we won't be asking for it.
- Server: irc.slashnet.org
- Channel: #sourceforge
- SourceForge.net staff are designated as channel operators; other users may be present on the channel. Reminder: never give out your password or private data; we won't be asking for it.
Would you like other real-time support options, or coverage on another IRC network? Vote for action