|Version 17 (modified by hinojosa, 5 years ago)|
Software can be downloaded from SourceForge.net without registering an account. An account is needed in order to participate in discussion forums, submit bug reports, and join a project. Register a user account.
- Accounts cannot be shared between users. Please register your own.
- We encourage you to select a strong password for your account. Strong passwords are not shared between sites. Strong passwords contain both letters and numbers.
- Please change your password on a regular basis.
- SourceForge.net is an OpenID relying party. If you have an existing OpenID account, you may use it to access SourceForge.net.
- If you decide not to use your account in the future, please remove it.
- Newer accounts have a security question which we use for account recovery. Account holders of older accounts should set a security question.
- If you lose your password, you may recover your account.
- If you have lost your password, email access, and security question, you will need to contact us for assistance.
We often get requests from users to merge two accounts. We do not have the ability to do this. We can offer is a "migration" to a new account.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Register a new user account using the name you prefer.
- Let the project admin for any projects your account belongs to that you are changing your account name, and have them add your new account to the project team.
- If your old account is the admin of any projects, add your new account to those projects and give your new account admin status.
- Login as your new account; remove the project admin flag on your old account for any projects for which it was the project admin.
- Delete the old account from that project using the Project Admin / Members page for your project.
- Logout so you can login under your old account for the last time. Use the following page to remove your old account:
Managing account features
SourceForge.net user accounts are provided a set of features to help them participate in projects. These features may be managed from the Account Maintenance page and your My SF.net page. These features include our donation system, site newsletters, and the ability to participate in forums.
All users are also provided a mail alias (username@…) which they can use for sending and receiving mail. Mail sent to the alias is passed through anti-spam and anti-virus checks, then passed to the private email address associated with your account.