Ticket #26753 (closed: fixed)
difficult to find project name in search engine
|Reported by:||gurce||Owned by:||ctsai|
|Keywords:||ENGR NF-4597 DIR P3||Cc:|
Hi, I've been finding it difficult to use your search engine to find a project I recently created on sourceforge.
The project is called "BasEdit.Net". It's main-page is at:
So I know where it is, I made a note of the address, my concern is whether others looking for it can find it via the site's search engine.
Initially, I tried typing in search terms such as "basedit", and "basedit.net", neither of them returned search results containing my project (although it found other projects unrelated to the one I was after).
I've now noticed however that I can successfully search for the project if I use the term "BasEdit" or "BasEdit.Net".
This surprised me that the case-sensitivity had such an impact on the search results, so thought I'd better bring it to your attention.