Robinhood - Policy Engine
Robinhood Policy Engine is a multi-purpose tool for managing content of large filesystems: audit FS content, accounting, remove old unused files according to admin-defined policies, customizable alerts based on file properties, backup data to external storage...
It has advanced capabilities for Lustre filesystems: leverage OST usage, list or purge files per OST, policy criteria based on pools and OST index, processing of MDT changelogs (Lustre v2)...
Originally developped for HPC, it has been designed to perform all its tasks in parallel, so it is particularly adapted for running on large filesystems with millions of entries and petabytes of data. But of course, you can take benefits of all its features for managing smaller filesystems, like '/tmp' of workstations.
- Accounting and monitoring
- rbh-du and rbh-find: extra fast "du" and "find" clones
- Customizable alerts on filesystem entries
- Aware of Lustre OSTs and pools
- Disk space fair-share
- Policy Engine for temporary filesystems, work filesystems and Lustre-HSM binding:
- Purge policies
- Migration policies
- Deferred removal policy
- Directories cleanup policy
- Attribute-based policies, possibly using sophisticated Boolean expressions