Q Light Controller
Q Light Controller is a cross-platform application for controlling DMX or analog lighting systems like moving heads, dimmers, scanners etc. Our goal is to replace the hard-to-learn and somewhat limited commercial hardware/software lighting desks with FLOSS.
You can read the latest user manual directly from Subversion.
- QLC forums can be used for any discussion related to QLC.
- If you want to share a fixture definition, plase create a ticket for it/them.
- If you have found a bug, please create a ticket after you've checked the currently active tickets.
If you (yes, YOU) have ideas for things you'd like to see here, or feel like contributing directly to this wiki, please do so just by writing your own article or add/change/fix/remove something on an existing page. Anyone with an account at sourceforge.net should have write access to this wiki.
If you wish to participate in any way, just tell me what you want to do.
New translations are gladly welcome. If you wish to translate QLC to another language please read the instructions.
These are the currently available translations:
- English (default)
Installation from Binary Packages
- Installation on Fedora, RedHat & Mandriva (Page not actively supported)
Installation from SVN Sources
DMX Output & External Input Hardware Support
- The table that displays supported hardware has been moved to QLC home page.
- Read more about the el-cheapo Enttec Open DMXUSB-compatible DMX interface using FTDI USB-COM485-Plus1 module.
- QLC 3.0.7 Windows: sometimes after closing the application there's a crash. However, this crash happens at such a late stage that it doesn't have any effect on the application's stability while it's being run nor the workspace file. I have not yet found the exact cause of this, but workspace saving routines have already been completed when this error occurs so there shouldn't be any danger of losing your workspace data.
Tips & Tricks
- Installing D2XX drivers for Enttec DMX USB plugin in Windows (QLC 3.0.7 requires version 2.08.02).
- You need to install LibUSB-Win32 if you wish to use uDMX plugin on Windows.
- Enttec's USB widgets not working on linux ? Don't forget to remove legacy kernel module to let QLC do its job ! Here is the command line:
sudo modprobe -r ftdi_sio
- To fix SELinux (Fedora) warning on Enttec USB DMX Plugin, you need to say (as root):
chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/lib/qlc/output/libenttecdmxusbout.so'
Hacks & scripts
- Python script to generate color groups for LED matrix