How to use KeePassUploader
KeePassUploader lets a user send their key database (KDB) on KeePass on Desktop to KeePass for J2ME. It encrypts the KDB and uploads it to a server, by default keepassserver.info. KeePass for J2ME can then download the KDB from the server, and decrypts it. The server deletes the KDB file immediately after it is downloaded by KeePass for J2ME.
First, use KeePassUploader to upload the KDB file.
- Launch KeePassUploader.exe.
- Hit "Choose File" button and select the KDB file you want to upload.
- Hit "Upload" button.
- Terms of Service will appear. Read this and hit "Yes" button to accept.
- Certificate warning will appear. Make sure the certificate's thumbprint is "7c e5 0f 44 81 d5 a6 7c b7 7d ce 05 b4 21 26 df 6c db 42 57", and hit "Yes".
- You should see "Your KDB file was uploaded successfully.
With KeePassUploader window still open, use KeePass for J2ME to download the KDB file.
- Launch KeePass for J2ME on the cell phone.
- If it asks for a password, select "Menu" -> "Reload".
- On "Choose KDB Location", select "Download from Web".
- Enter User Code, Pass Code, and Encryption Code as they appear on KeePassUploader screen (no hyphen).
- If it asks if it can connect to Internet, answer yes.
- It should now ask for your KDB password. Type it in and start using the application.
Next time you launch KeePass for J2ME, you do not have to download the KDB. It should now ask for your KDB password. Type it in and start using the application.