New features in alpha3
- Marks filtering
- Marks in iconview were made clickable
- Add an option named layout.home_path which modifies the behavior of the Home button.
By default, pressing this button goes to the user's home directory.
When this option is set to a path, this path is used instead.
One can change the option value through Preferences > Advanced > Navigation
or directly in .geeqierc.
- Allow to override documentation paths through options:
Default values are set at configure time.
- Run image loader in separate thread - improved speed on dual-core processors
- Add a Save button to Preferences dialog, which allow to save options to file without quitting the application.
- Allow to change image.scroll_reset_method in Preferences > Image.
- Allow all Preferences pages to scroll vertically.
- use SHIFT for connected scroll and zoom
SHIFT + keys or mouse: affects all split windows
keys or mouse: affects only active window
CONTROL + mouse: moves fast (originally it was SHIFT + mouse)
- Add support for GPSInfo - patch by Klaus Ethgen
- Implement the search for image comment - patch by Klaus Ethgen
- Added option to use exif thumbnails
- it requires exiv2 0.18 or the current svn
- it is disabled by default because the exif thumbnails
may be outdated if the image was edited
- Add a button for each advanced entry in Properties Exif Panel that allow to remove it from display.
- Custom exif look was improved: toggle instead of button,display description instead of property key
- Let Create thumbnails start in current directory (fallback to home directory if not available) as requested by Marcin Zajaczkowski (feature request 2166691)
- Do a gtk_init before the parsing of command line arguments to allow gtk specific options, see http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.14/gtk-running.html
- Html documentation was reformatted
- When more than one image is selected, Split Horizontal, Vertical and Quad will use selected images when initialized
- Hide .gqv extension from collection name in collection window title and recent menu list
- .pef .dng and .arw extensions were added to default sidecar extensions list, .k25 was added in Kodak raw extensions
- Display error dialog with appropriate message when user is trying to open an invalid collection file
- Allow to invert the current selection in Collection view. A new Selection submenu was added to the contextual menu, Select All and Select None were moved to it, and Invert selection was added.
- Allow to drag keywords on files in list or icon view. Dragged text is appended to keywords list of the destination file.
- Switch to fullscreen when double clicking on file in icon or list view (feature request 1966042)
- New option: metadata.save_legacy_IPTC ("Store keywords and comments also in legacy IPTC tags")
- New option: metadata.warn_on_write_problems ("Warn if the image files are unwritable")
- New option: metadata.save_legacy_format ("Save metadata in GQview legacy metadata format")
- New option: metadata.sync_grouped_files ("Write the same keywords and comment to all files in a group")
- New option: metadata.confirm_write ("Ask before writing to image files")
- New option: metadata.confirm_timeout ("Write metadata after timeout (seconds):")
- New option: metadata.confirm_on_image_change ("Write metadata on image change")
- New option: metadata.confirm_on_dir_change ("Write metadata on directory change")
- File class was made configurable in Preferences dialog
- A possibility to connect keywords with marks was implemented
- Improved sidecar writting, private metadata can be saved in xmp format
- Sidecar files grouping was made case-insensitive
added possibility to use macros %raw, %image, %meta in extensions lists
- Do not enter a directory after rename
- When "Remember print settings" is checked, save _all_ settings. Before this, text fields, text size, source, layout and image scale properties were not saved.
- Added preview support for many RAW formats (Exiv2 0.18 is required)