Welcome to the homepage for drcom-client developer wiki
drcom-client is available open-source under the GPLv2 license.
Getting the code
drcom-client uses git for managing its code.
Assuming you have Git installed, the following command in a terminal will fetch the most recent code for you:
git clone git://drcom-client.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/drcom-client
drcom-client also offers "official" release tarballs at the download page.
Before anything, please read Intention for Contribution. You'll find out many ways in which you can help, and possibly save yourself much grief in the future. :)
- Join the Community! - Find developers on the Mailing List or IRC channel?.
- The Philosophy of drcom-client - Why some things in drcom-client are the way they are
- Tickets: View active tickets, make bug reports and contribute feature requests.
- Translate? projects into different languages.
The drcom-client development community actively develops the following software projects:
- GNU/Linux Verrsion? - Based on GNU/Linux systems, our developers mainly forcus on this project.
- Python User Mode? - To create an easily configurable user-mode client with a friendly Graphical User Interface.
- Windows Version? - To help users share their access to Internet through NAT/Proxy Servers while the official client restricts it.
- Mac OS X Version? - Based on the drcom-client PUM project?, still in pre-alpha.
- *BSD Version? - Not started yet
- Other Platforms? - Not started yet
- Tips for ContributingChanges? and creating SuccessfulPatches?
- ManagingBugs? - how to work with the bugs
- OptionNaming? - the conventions used to name options
- CodingStyle? - Coding Style Guidelines
- WritingTests? - how to add tests to the test suite
- Translating? - how to translate drcom-client into your own language
- DevelopmentGuidelines? - other things we try to follow when writing code
- DeveloperRepos? - how to manage the public repositories of drcom-client source tree
- NewFeatureDiscussions?] - A page of links to discussions about new features.
- NewIdeas? - Suggestions for features/extensions that would make someone happy
- RoadMap? - short-term or long-term goals