Fable is a framework for making TotalCryst experiments easy and efficient. It has been developed for doing grain mapping experiments in materials science at a synchrotron but could be applied to other types of experiments at synchrotrons or other sources e.g. neutrons. It provides the framework for sequencing the simulation, data taking and analysis online. It uses grid technologies when available for distributing automation tasks. Permanent configuration data are stored in a database (MySQL). Graphical interfaces are developed in Java using Eclipse/RCP and Python/Tk. This project is hosted at sourceforge and being developed by the staff of ID11 at the ESRF (France) and Riso National Laboratory, Technical University of Denmark (Denmark). The project is supported by the EU Framework 6 NEST Adventure programme, and the outcome is summarized in a summary article.
Workshop 1-3 April 2009, Grenoble France
We were very happy to welcome users for the first TotalCryst workshop in Grenoble.
There were talks in the morning and demonstration the afternoon. Don't hesitate to have a look at the talks if you want to use the programs.
Fable is being developed for the TotalCryst user community. Users should check out :
Please use our mailing list, fable-talk, if you have any questions or see something on this wiki that could be improved.
In TotalCryst it is important to get the geometry right if you want to analyse data from different instruments. Here is a proposal for the TotalCryst geometry:
A document defining the image orientation parameters used in FABLE
- FableImageOrientDoc_0.5.pdf (Note! Known bug in this version - will be updated soon - See Geometry_version_1.0.9.pdf instead)
- Fabian - image analysis
- FabIO - input/output module
Fable is being developed by a group of scientific programmers and software engineers. Fable is an open source project and all source code is available online at Sourceforge for the Fable sourceforge svn repository. New developers and contributions are welcome to join.
- Fable.2.0.0 realeased December 21st 2011.
- FitAllB-1.1.0, new version of FitAllB December 15th 2011.
- FitAllB-1.0.0, first release of FitAllB fitting module for centre-of-mass grain positions, orientations and strain, has been uploaded April 24th 2009.
- A document, [file:FableImageOrientDoc_0.2.pdf], describing the detector image orientation determination in FABLE has been uploaded.
- Bugfix release of qnfs - version 0.6.2 has been released.
- Moved wiki from mediawiki to wikispaces provided by sourceforge to get away from hackers - new url is http://fable.wiki.sourceforge.net/
- We are ready for testing the newest releases (Oct. 15) of the fable suite of programs. You will find information about the tests in TestingApp
- database support - how to add database support to fable mma
- qnfs Update of the near field simulator - version 0.6.1 has been released
- fable-svn@… - a mailing list has been created for svn? commits, subscribe to //firstname.lastname@example.org// if you want to be informed of all changes to the svn repository
- eclipse tips - tips on typical tasks which beginners encounter with Eclipse (add your own!)
- multilanguage support - providing support for multiple programming languages
- source code management? - some notes on how the Fable source code is managed
- FableImageOrientDoc_0.4.pdf (1.1 MB) - added by h_osholm 4 years ago.
- FableImageOrientDoc_0.5.pdf (1.0 MB) - added by h_osholm 4 years ago.
- Geometry_version_1.0.7.pdf (0.5 MB) - added by h_osholm 4 years ago.
- Geometry_version_1.0.8.pdf (414.4 KB) - added by h_osholm 4 years ago.
- Geometry_version_1.0.9.pdf (446.7 KB) - added by h_osholm 16 months ago.
(81.1 KB) - added by jetteodder
3 months ago.
Installation instructions for Windows