= eXe eXeLearning =
== eLearning XHTML editor ==
||The eXe project developed a freely available Open Source authoring application to assist teachers and academics in the publishing of web content without the need to become proficient in HTML or XML markup. Resources authored in eXe can be exported in IMS Content Package, SCORM 1.2, or IMS Common Cartridge formats or as simple self-contained web pages.[[BR]][[BR]]eXe is currently supported by [http://core-ed.net/ CORE Education], a New Zealand-based not-for-profit educational research and development organisation. eXe grew out of the [http://www.tec.govt.nz/ New Zealand Government Tertiary Education Commission's] eCollaboration Fund and was led by the [http://www.auckland.ac.nz University of Auckland], [http://www.aut.ac.nz The Auckland University of Technology], and [http://www.tairawhiti.ac.nz/ Tairawhiti Polytechnic]. It has also been greatly assisted by a global group of participants and contributors.[[BR]][[BR]]eXe was named a finalist in the New Zealand round of the [http://www.imsglobal.org/learningimpact2008/awards.html IMS Global Learning Impact Awards 2008] and went on to claim a Leadership Award at the international judging. (eXe was rated Best in Show for "Content Authoring", and also one of the top 3 participant rated projects!)||
== Introduction to eXe - the eLearning XHTML editor ==
* Catch a [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yynnOC6ecR4 brief video introduction] to what eXe and eXeLearning is all about.
* [wiki:Screencasts Watch screencasts] demonstrating some features of eXe so you can be productive immediately.
== Download eXe ==
* [http://exelearning.org/files/nightlies/ Nightlies] - experimental builds of the eXe editor with the latest fixes
* [http://eduforge.org/frs/download.php/835/eXe-install-1.04.exe Windows] (installer)
* [http://eduforge.org/frs/download.php/836/exe-ready2run-1.04.exe Ready-to-Run] (run eXe on Windows from a USB stick or CD-ROM without installing)
* [http://eduforge.org/frs/download.php/837/exe-1.04.dmg Mac OS X] (Universal binary, 10.3.9 or later)
* [http://eduforge.org/frs/download.php/842/python2.5-exe_1.04.0.3532-ubuntu1_i386.deb Ubuntu Feisty] (works with Ubuntu Feisty 7.04, Gutsy 7.10, and Hardy 8.04)
* [http://eduforge.org/frs/download.php/841/python2.4-exe_1.04.0.3532-ubuntu1_i386.deb Ubuntu Dapper] (works with Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 and Edgy 6.10)
* [http://eduforge.org/frs/download.php/838/exe-1.04.0.3532-1.fc7.i386.rpm Fedora 7] (also for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9)
* [wiki:HowTos/OpenSUSE How to] use this RPM with openSUSE 10.2 and 10.3
* [wiki:HowTos/OLPC How to] use this RPM with the One Laptop Per Child OLPC XO
* [http://eduforge.org/frs/download.php/839/exe-1.04.0.3532-source.tgz Source] (see also: SourceControl)
== Screenshots ==
* [wiki:Screenshots:Screenshot gallery]
* [wiki:AuthoringScreenshots Authoring]
* [wiki:ContentPackaging/SCORM_Import_Screenshots SCORM Package Screenshots]
== eXe Blog / News ==
== Photos ==
[http://blog.core-ed.net/derek/ Derek Wenmoth] and [http://home.core-ed.net/about-us/staff-profiles/Remo_Williams/ R3m0 Williams] getting ready for the IMS Global Learning Impact Summit in Austin, Texas.