|Version 9 (modified by jkoshy, 2 years ago)|
This page lists the steps needed to prepare the source tree for a release. See also: Releases.
- Ensure that trunk/ builds and passes tests, on all target platforms.
- Turn on version control system keyword expansion for source files:
- Each source file should have a svn:keywords property, containing the string "Id".
- Each source file should contain a $Id$ line, placed in the appropriate context.
- If a new branch is needed, create an SVN branch under branches/ with the appropriate branch name.
On this branch:
- Modify the invocation of the toolchain version script to reflect the new branch name.
- Modify the release notes and build instructions to describe the branch. Keep the minor version number for the release upto-date.
- Build and test the branch.
- Tag the source tree for the release.
- Prepare a source tarball using svn export.
- Upload the tarball to SF.Net's file release system.
- Upload the test logs to the project's test-log archive.
- Update news items:
- Add a news item to SF.Net's "project news" feed.
- Update the entry on FreeCode.
- Update the wiki:
- Create a wiki page for the release.
- Update status of components on the main page.