From the makers of RapidSVN, a very simple SVN client for non-technical users, geared towards enterprise use as well.
Key Use Cases:
- using subversion repositories as general document repository (e.g. non-technical project and users)
- non technical users participating in development projects (for e.g. designers, project managers etc.)
- keeping files in sync between multiple users in a project, and preventing conflicting edits
- live notification and backlog of who updates what when
- "push" type distribution of content directly to target user's PC (e.g. users with read-only access)
- need to streamline "checkout" process for non-technical users with access to multiple projects
- full multi-platform subversion client (using Qt library)
- caching of repository info for fast browsing etc.
- background auto-update (configurable auto-update of working copy and repo cache)
- working copy robustness: various protections against braking working copy
- server and working copy bookmarks organized into collections and folders
- "served bookmark collection": repositories user has access to received directly from server, facilitates checkout process
- directory locking system (to prevent tree etc conflicts)
- "what's new" notification and simplified flexible view of svn logs
- simplified and consolidated notification of errors during background operations (commits and auto-updates)
- convention for "lock expiration", commit reminder to commit or renew
- "open for edit" vs "open read-only" reminds user to get lock, improves work flow usability
See documentation / specification (including screen mockups) here:
Please let us know if this is something you or your organization would find useful.