|Version 32 (modified by hyd_danmar, 5 years ago)|
This wiki is about Cppcheck development
Creating new tickets
- false positive (when --all is not used)
- hang / crash
- fail to compile
- new checks
- an existing check fails to detect bug (use the component "new check")
- false positive (when --all is used, check the KnownFalsePositives page first)
- suggestions about different output
- Latest version can be found in the git
git clone git://github.com/danmar/cppcheck.git
How to submit a patch
Create a ticket that describes the problem. Then add your patch as a file attachment.
Version 1.37 is planned to be released on October 25th.
Cppcheck is basically a pattern matcher. The input code will be matched against various patterns that are known to be bugs.
Analyzing a file is made in 3 steps:
- Run all checks - pattern matching of the tokens
Short description about Cppcheck for developers interested on developing Cppcheck: DesignDoc?