|Version 17 (modified by aggro80, 5 years ago)|
This wiki is about cppcheck development
Creating new tickets
- false positive (when --all is not used)
- false positive (when --all is used, check the KnownFalsePositives page first)
- hang / crash
- fail to compile
- new checks
- an existing check fails to detect bug (use the component "new check")
- suggestions about different output
- integration (for example if you can't compile with a specific compiler)
- Latest version can be found in the svn
svn co https://cppcheck.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/cppcheck cppcheck
How to submit a patch
Create a ticket that describes the problem. Then add your patch as a file attachment.
Full speed development. All open tickets are looked at.
cppcheck is basically a pattern matcher. The input code will be matched against various patterns that are known to be bugs.
Analyzing a file is made in 3 steps:
- Run all checks - pattern matching of the tokens
Short description about Cppcheck for developers interested on developing Cppcheck: DesignDoc?