EIBD is designed for compliance to the KNX standard. Therefore, it should support any standard-compliant KNX/EIB bus interface as long as the interface is covered by one of eibd's backends. In addition, eibd supports the Siemens TP-UART host protocol; since the TP-UART is only a chip, however, it requires additional hardware for use as a bus interface.
For reference purposes, the devices/device combinations that eibd was tested with successfully are listed below:
- TPUART board (http://www.auto.tuwien.ac.at/~mkoegler/index.php/tpuart)
- Siemens BTM PCB To connect this board to a PC, a level converter is required. Any serial interface application module should work; eibd was tested with a Siemens UP 146 (5WG1 146-2AB11) attached to the BTM. Michael Markstaller reported success using the RS232-SPW FM level converter module by R.S.Systems (note that this module does not electrically separate the PC from the KNX/EIB network; only use it if you are sure that you do not need galvanic isolation to protect your PC).
- Disch TPUART Interface (tested by Michael Markstaller, --tpuarts-disch-reset should be used)
- Siemens IP Router N146 REG
- Siemens IP Interface N148/21
- Siemens IP Controller N350E (Firmware 1.3.0)
- Weinzierl IP Router 750
- Weinzierl IP Interface 730 (note: --no-tunnel-client-queuing option must be used)
- eibmarkt EIB KNX IP Schnittstelle PoE (#N000401) (note: --no-tunnel-client-queuing option must be used)
- Siemens USB N148/11 REG
- Siemens UP 146E USB + BCU 1 or BCU 2
- Weinzierl Engineering KNX USB Adapter RS-232 + Serial Interface (PEI 16)
- Jung 2130 USB R2 UP
- Serial Interface (PEI 16)
- Siemens N148 RS232
- Siemens UP 146 + BCU 1 or BCU 2
- Siemens UP 147 + BCU 1 or BCU 2
- ABB EA/S 232 Datenschnittstelle (interface) RS-232
- Serial Interface (FT1.2)
- Merten 6810 Datenschnittstelle (interface) serial UP 2 + BCU 2
- Gira 504 RS-232 + Gira bus coupler 2.0, order no. 0645 (The dummy application that can be loaded with ETS does not provide access to the address table; eibd will work after a master reset was performed on the bus coupler.)
- EIBMARKT IF-RS232 (in FT1.2 Mode). (Also worked fine connected through the enclosed Prolific2303 USB-to-Serial converter, tested on Debian lenny, x86, 2.6.26).
- BCU 1
- Siemens UP110
- BCU 2
- Siemens UP114
- Merten 6902 Busankoppler (bus coupler) UP 2
Again, note that EIBD supports many more devices from various vendors!
The following devices had issues when tested. Only use them with eibd if you understand what to expect: