Aperture Version Numbers
The version numbers are numerical:
a.b.c, like 1.0.1.
- a = major number. changing this number will change most of the interfaces and architecture of Aperture
- b = minor number. changing this number will chnage some of the interfaces, existing code should not change much. Extensions to interfaces require a new number
- c = relese number. bugfixes and improved functionality (such as new extractors) will increase this number.
We also give nick-names and descriptions to our releases.
"Alpha" and "Beta" are descriptions saying:
- alpha: this release is not feature-complete, and has many bugs, its for you to try out bleeding edge thoughts
- beta: this release is mostly feature-complete, and has less bugs. It can be tried out in use but may have many bugs and may change
For the next nicknames given, Leo suggest to use music genre names (because they sound so cool): "punk, pop, rock, electro, lounge, ...". alternatives are welcome.