Another Universe aims to be yet another online science fiction multiplayer game.
It will look like a first person shooter, but will also rely heavily on elements from real time strategy and roleplaying games.
See the Main Features list for a quick overview.
See the Roadmap for a pretty complete set of features which are to be implemented.
It might look like it but we're not dead yet, just mostly idle.
The few developers are currently tied up by other demanding responsibilities (work/ studies), but are still not planning to let this project die. We know the development of such a huge project including all features is a matter of years. Even with a fully staffed development company with a huge budged, which we do not have. We hope to slowly increase our developer base after uploading the initial prototypes.
The Gameplay definition section is in it's final stage, but huge parts are still to be written/ copied into the wiki.
There is some progress regarding the network stack, but nothing usable yet. Sorry!
Of course, we still appreciate any kind of help offered.
Please contact Marius for further information.
Our forums are here (log in with your sf account to post).
Yes it's still empty.
(Communication between project members is kind of private for now.)
- always in first person - don't control a faceless character, be part of the world
- control and use anything - tools, vehicles, aircraft, spaceships, space stations
- construct anything - build outposts, cities, space stations containing factories
- create and control groups - from the small party or squad to huge empires
- commander or soldier - plot and fight your own war or join your allies in their battles
- huge emphasis on tactics - realistic resources, realistic logistics
- NPCs with their own lives - Ain't got enough friends for your army? Recruit NPCs!
Project History (so far)
- 2010-11-12: Reconstruction of roadmap and gameplay
- 2009-07-20: Gameplay and Stage definition updates
- 2009-07-09: Switched forum to phpBB
- 2009-04-19: Forum enabled
- 2009-03-22: New member in the dev-team
- 2009-03-15: Changed main publishing medium to the TracWiki
- 2009-02-15: Project Registered at SourceForge
- 2008-??-??: First client prototypes / 3rd party library verification
Latest Changes in the Wiki