Tesla: A remote control for your Linux PC
Tesla is a PC media player remote control app for the Android platform. Designed for Linux distributions like Ubuntu, it interacts with the music and video players on your PC over a Wifi network.
Supported media players include (but are not limited to): Rhythmbox, Totem, VLC, amaroK and Banshee.
- Light on dependencies. Tesla requires as few extra packages/software as possible, and can be used with an Ubuntu live CD *
- Compatible with the popular open-source media players. The intention is to work with the music/video players that you already use.
- Ability to shut-down your PC by remote control.
- Control the volume for just the media player, or the whole system.
- Pause your music/video automatically for incoming calls.
- Open source. I'll be grateful for any help on this project!
* Requires OpenSSH server to be installed from the repositories
What Tesla is not:
- Available on the Android Market, this is planned to happen soon, when version 1.0 is released.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows or Apple OSX. This is not by design, but no efforts are currently under-way to support these platforms.
Please refer to the Instructions for installing and using Tesla.
Get the source code from: Sourceforge