1. Summary
  2. Files
  3. Support
  4. Report Spam
  5. Create account
  6. Log in

Improved linking to notes within Nixnote

What would you like to see NeverNote do? It doesn't hurt to ask.

Improved linking to notes within Nixnote

Postby kdwarn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:15 pm

I find it rather cumbersome that I have to type in the title of a note exactly in order to be able to "quick link" the text to another note. Sometimes I have to look back several times at the title because I forgot a word or didn't capitalize correctly.

Can a list of possible notes based upon selected text appear when you right-click and choose "Quick Links"?

If not, or in addition to this, it would be nice to be able to link to other notes through the "insert hyperlink" option. As of now, it won't work when you "copy as URL" a note and then paste this in as the link.
kdwarn

Re: Improved linking to notes within Nixnote

Postby baumgarr » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:40 pm

If you do a copy as URL & then past it directly into a note it should come up with a long URL starting with enernote://. You can then edit that to be the text you want. It is clunky, but it should work.

Thanks for the suggestion on the menu popup. It is something I'll consider in NN2.
baumgarr
Site Admin

Postby kdwarn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Ah, thanks for letting me know about pasting the link and editing it. That is definitely helpful.
kdwarn

Postby kdwarn » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:38 pm

I just discovered a slightly less-clunkier way that I wasn't aware of: you can copy a note's url, select the text you want to link and then just control-v paste and the text will link to the note properly.
kdwarn

Postby baumgarr » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 am

I thought it was supposed to work like that but when I tried it on my copy it didn't work. I'm usually running a test copy so I must have broken something. Thanks for letting me know.
baumgarr
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests