The pirateparty community uses multiple different mumble servers all over the world. And its often nice to get in touch with other pirate parties - but you can only be on one server, so we thought tonight that it would be a very unique and interesting feature that you could link Channels together from different server, so everybody could stay on its own server, but the state would be mirrored to all participating server and you could hear each other even though you are on different servers. That way you could participate in a whole new way, never seen before.
I am aware that this is technically a very advanced feature, which certainly needs a conceptually study first, becuase there is so much involved
- p2p or master slave configuration of these channels
- User rights over multiple server
- where are the streams relied
- Different usernames on different servers (certificates will help for uniquness!) maybe a classic user@server
- Server to Server connections
I am aware that there is a feature tracker - but I think such a feature needs a discussion and input from different sides first, and if there is an interest there to develop such a thing, or if it is just a stupid idea
Hope to get some interesting feedback on the idea and how feasible it could be.