Yay! the first official mindboards contest is underway. the contest is called robotic arm. your goal is to build a fully functional robotic arm. here are the basic rules...
-There will be two categories, Tier I and Tier II
-Limited to 1 brick, 3 nxt motors and normal sensors that come in the 1.0, 2.0 or educational kits
-All other building parts are allowed, except for PF, other motors and RCXs
-Easier than Tier II
Tier II-No limit on amount of lego or bricks
-For more experienced builders
-No limit on motors, NXT's, Sensors, RCX's scouts etc.
-There must be an functional NXT on it.
-It must be made completely out of legos but other elements are allowed (string, balloons, NO tape)
-All homebrewed sensors must be accepted by Admins, timpattinson and I.
2.)To enter a design
1.) Post a description and pictures (need pictures here. the better the description the more likely you are to win.)
2.) If you have more pictures please include a link to the website where the pictures are
3.) Make a video of the robot in action (this is not needed but highly recommended if you want to win)
-You can share your videos on YouTube or other video sharing site.
4.)Make a parts list or digital model(LDD,Ldraw, etc)
- Including LDD, Ldraw and other files will also give you a greater chance of winning (this is mostly for Tier I section since the Tier II robots might be too hard.)
-digital model NOT needed
-If anyone thinks that someone else has copied their design, then contact one of the Admins, timpattinson or me.
-Copying is not tolerated and could kick you from the contest
- On the other hand if you got the idea from someone else, give them credit and post a link to there project.
-Inspiration is allowed copying is not.
- the Amininistrators timpattinson and I will determine a given number of finalists to be judged by a poll that you guys vote on.
-The ADMINS, timpattinson and themindstormsman 's decisions are FINAL
-The only prize is honor or is it?
1) Officially starts April 6th and Ends May 30th.
2) The poll will run after the judges pick the selected number for the poll
3) You MUST include 1 picture of the robot on Mindboards so we know its yours.
4) you may post robots you made before the contest
5) post your robots in the BUILDING ROBOTS categories and type these letters into it "TIM-TMSM-ADMINS" that way we can find your projects.
6) Any ergant updates will be posted in red and other updates in blue.
7) the contest is based on the Seattle time zone.
8) this is the 1 official contest. if a contest is not in the announcements section it is not official (no other contests may be posted)
8) if you have any comments/ questions please reply or send ADMINS, timpattinson or I a PM.
Website admin of themindstormman3141.com
NXT FOR ALL