1. Summary
  2. Files
  3. Support
  4. Report Spam
  5. Create account
  6. Log in

A virtual Singer

Got a good idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.

A virtual Singer

Postby shashikantb » Thu May 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi all,

I wish to have a plugin associated with LMMS which can sing the melodies I create with the words I mention.

I mean a plugin in which we can mention the track and type in the words(or syllables) in a text file OR on individual notes of that track. And also choose the voice texture from a list of available voices. And it produces a singing human voice on the basis of words I enter with the pitch variation according to the notes that I mention in that melody track.
shashikantb

Re: A virtual Singer

Postby brandystarbrite » Thu May 23, 2013 11:49 pm

I LUV this question! :mrgreen:

Well........you're not the only one, who has asked for a plugin like that.
Check for this topic, Generals Section: Singerbot Plugin.

I don't know if "Singerbot," is still in development though.
It would have been really fun, to have such a plugin.
brandystarbrite

Postby treefingers » Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 am

Getting a believable, fully synthetic singing voice is pretty much the apex of voice synthesis tech. :)

If you're willing to settle for (or maybe even hoping for) something less natural, you could try passing a regular text-to-speech reader through a vocoder. Not sure yet whether the whole thing could be done in LMMS, so I'll toss a +1 on this thread.

I'll suggest a simple UI for it, too: double or middle click on a note in the piano-roll to edit a text box. LMMS synthesizes the word/phrase/syllable (probably using some existing 3rd party program) and stretches it over the duration of the note, using it as a modulator for the note's carrier. Another input option might be to drag/drop words from a text box onto the piano-roll notes.
treefingers

Postby sti2nd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Well, UTAU can sing japanese... :lol:
sti2nd

Return to Wish List