FreeNAS is an Open Source Storage Platform and supports sharing across Windows, Apple, and UNIX-like systems. It includes ZFS (high storage capacities and integrates file systems and volume management into a single piece of software).

Note: This project is currently inactive on sourceforge as it has moved to github (see https://github.com/freenas)

Project Activity

See All Activity >

License

BSD License

Follow FreeNAS

FreeNAS Web Site

Other Useful Business Software
ManageEngine Endpoint Central for IT Professionals Icon
ManageEngine Endpoint Central for IT Professionals

A one-stop Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution

ManageEngine's Endpoint Central is a Unified Endpoint Management Solution, that takes care of enterprise mobility management (including all features of mobile application management and mobile device management), as well as client management for a diversified range of endpoints - mobile devices, laptops, computers, tablets, server machines etc. With ManageEngine Endpoint Central, users can automate their regular desktop management routines like distributing software, installing patches, managing IT assets, imaging and deploying OS, and more.
Rate This Project
Login To Rate This Project

User Ratings

★★★★★
★★★★
★★★
★★
ease 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 3 / 5
features 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 3 / 5
design 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 3 / 5
support 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 3 / 5

User Reviews

• Hi together, I'm running the new FreeNAS 9.2.0 that has been released prior christmas on a Dell PERC (PowerEdge RAID Controller) which works fine. I really enjoy the new Web interface, well done! One and only detected gap is the missing set AIO size parameter for CIFS mode in order to get better read performance. My intention is to try to optimize because of 1000BASE-T Ethernet and PERC in place. Should I leave it default as it is or raise from value =4096? The write performance doesn't play any role at all. Best regards Tobias Topyla
  • Freenas is great! Thanks.
  • Uselessly generic error messages waste too much of user time.
  • Great software, thank you.
    1 user found this review helpful.
  • First boot of 8.3.1-release-p2 drops you immediately into debugger on Dell R720xd with PERC H710 controller. Forums not helpful.
Read more reviews >

Additional Project Details

Awards

User Interface

Web-based

Programming Language

Python, C

Related Categories

Python Storage Software, Python Operating Systems, C Storage Software, C Operating Systems

Registered

2005-10-30