Setting the development environment
This page details what you need to install to be able to develop WOG Editor.
WOG Editor is a python application that used mostly the PyQt and PyCrypto package.
You will need to install python (which provides the language support) first. You can install all the other package in any order.
- python-2.5.2.msi: from http://www.python.org. Python language support. Install this first.
- pycrypto-2.0.1.win32-py2.5.exe: precompiled based on source from http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto.html. Used to pack/unpack XML files using WOG encryption.
- PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.4.3-1.exe, from http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download. The GUI toolkit.
- pywin32-212.win32-py2.5.exe, from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018&package_id=79063. Just for the pythonwin python editor. Not used by WOG editor otherwise.
- py2exe-0.6.8.win32-py2.5.exe, from http://sourceforge.net/projects/py2exe/. Just to generate the distributed .exe. Not required if you just want to hack into the code.