The VIVO Wiki has moved to DuraSpace
Please do not make changes here. The VIVO Wiki has moved to https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/VIVO
This site will be kept temporarily as a reference, and then discarded. Any changes made after December 8, 2012 will not be saved.
VIVO software now includes a variety of projects and efforts. Here we describe the major efforts and types of VIVO software, as well as provide some references for those new to VIVO.
Semantic Web Background Materials lists some key references for the core technologies used on the semantic web, and in the VIVO software.
- VIVO Stack is the collection of software components from the project and beyond that make up a running VIVO system.
- VITRO is the semantic web tool kit and ontology editor that provides a foundation for VIVO
- VIVO Core are the central applications that make a particular instance of VIVO work
- VIVO Harvester is a semantic web extract-translate-load (ETL) tool for getting data from source systems and providing it to VIVO.
- VIVO Visualizations provide visual display of VIVO data
- VIVO Connectors provide access to VIVO data to external software
- VIVO Projects are additional efforts to provide additional functionality for VIVO. Some software will become part of the VIVO core, while other projects will result in stand-alone applications that use VIVO as a supporting data infrastructure.
- Virtual Appliances provide easy-to-install instances of VIVO for development and testing purposes