Add news hosted by SourceForge on web page: http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=1502&group_id=1#newsexport
Modify the layout: http://bact.blogspot.com/2005/11/mediawiki-layout-customization.html
- Add http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:Servers/tile.openstreetmap.fr (take care of zoom levels)
Access to layers offered by a WMS server as some sublayers of the WMS layer.
In "New map layer" offer the way to select the WMS server. Next, select the WMS layer in the layer frame (check boxes or radio button).
Use different download engine:
Allow a simple way to use asynchronous download, without multithread. Allow a easy parallel donload.
Will allow to use local cache download by other mean.
A reference: Ethos
Launch a command with current view port. The command dowload file in the selected directory and write, on its output, the file's name when they are downloaded.
Il faudrait ajouter la possibilité de rajouter des track vides.
Improve GeoRef support
- Use https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/swig/python/scripts/gdal2tiles.py to create la local cache.
- Create a UI to detect "conflicts" when importing a new image
Shared POI icon set
There is some GPS active projects. All of them have a collection of icons.
Could be interesting to share all these icons. Interests:
- avoid duplicated efforts in drawing (sexy) icons
- add consistency between all these projects.
POI Icons must be ordered by at least two axes:
- GPS device provider (Magellan, Garmin...)
- This is usefull when I prepare a file for my GPS because I'm able to only use icons supported by it.
- Feature (like in http://www.gpsdrive.de/development/map-icons.shtml)
- Use "standard" directories provided by Glib (with ./configure option for compatibility)
- auto-clean the cache
- rework directory structure: id/Z/Y/X.png
Use the backtrace framework of the glibc. Here is documentation: http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Backtraces.html Here is a usage example: http://www.pixelbeat.org/libs/trace.c http://www.pixelbeat.org/libs/trace.h
Replace raw GPSD code with GeoClue support. This will remove code. This will offer the possibility to use other positionning system than GPSD.
Use GeoClue for geocoding as replacement for raw Google and Geonames.
Move our routing stuff to GeoClue to create such feature.
- Add feature to tag dirty tiles: add /dirty to tile's URL
- Download OSM traces ('my' and 'all'): In progress https://github.com/rnorris/viking/tree/DatasourceRework%2BNewMyOSMTraces
Add standard Buttons '+' and '-'. Ctrl-+, Ctrl--, Ctrl-button4, Ctrl-button5
Add support for Menu key in order to open contextual menus.
Add a control to go offline in order to disable downloading.
Like many other such tools, this state can be controlled by the state of NetworkManager.
Add a configuration file to allow user to create a filter (based on GPSbabel capabilities).
Generic GPSbabel UI
Add a UI to allow the user activate a GPSbabel filter.
The UI is built automatically, reading gpsbabel help.
Allow a configuration syntax to allow user add filter with variable part. Then, a dialog allowing to change the input is built automatically.
For example, a configured script can be to simplify the number of node in a track. A variable part is the number of resulting nodes.
Allow to print the profiles of a track/route. Prune software do this with gnuplot.
Port Viking to a Gnome app (Gnome Maps already exists).
Use standard directories.
Use GIO/GVFS and/or libsoup.
GConf or GSettings.
Use http://www.catb.org/~esr/freshmeat-submit/freshmeat-submit.html to easy release system.
Other solution: moap
Use GObject modelling as many as possible. This will easier dynamic programming: allow plugins using the bindings provided by GObject (python, lua...).
GOB2 is useful to prototype.
Remove download threads:
- use glib event loop
- use multiple-download interface of libcurl
For speed/elevation/etc. graph
- Use a generic drawing engine
- Export data for external usage
Use libchamplain to rework the map display. This will remove responsibility of code. This will offer a more smoother experience. But: libchamplain use Clutter which needs 3D/GLX
Look at GtkGis.
Use GooCanvas directly. This will allows to increase user's experience: selecting tracks, nodes...
Use the Mallard markup language for help documentation instead of DocBook. It is certainly better as Mallard is topic oriented.
GParam and uibuilder
Evaluate how we can replace Vik*Param* with GParamSpec and related.