This wiki is being moved to https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/wiki!
The pages you find here are still to be moved.
Tiled (Qt version)
- Creating a simple map with Tiled - The basics about starting and editing a new map.
Tiled (Java version)
- Writing your own plugin - How to add support for another map format to Tiled.
- Examining the map format - Here we take a closer look at what a map file looks like when you open it in a text editor.
- Automatically generating maps from bitmaps - This article discusses two Python scripts that can be used to automatically generate Tiled maps from bitmaps.
- Integrating with Flash - An example about loading and rendering a map in Flash, by Uwe Sölen Flaig.
The following articles may give you some ideas about how to use Tiled.
- (Tiled Java) Game map editing using Tiled - A short and nice introduction to Tiled.
- (Tiled Java) How to use Tiled to create Stendhal maps - This tutorial is made specifically for a slightly modified version of Tiled for Stendhal, a free and open source MMORPG.
- (Tiled Java) The Mana World mapping tutorial - This tutorial is made specifically for The Mana World, a free and open source MMORPG.
- (Tiled Java) How to make a tile based game with cocos2d - Using Tiled, of course.