|Introducing UEFI Development Kit 2010|
|Beginning a new era for the|
UEFI Open Source Community
UDK2010.SR1.UP1 and UDK2010.SR1.UP1.P1 How to build instructions
Download the UDK2010.SR1.UP1.P1 Release with expanded workspace directories Download
UDK2010.SR1.UP1.P1 Release Files / Directories
What is included in the Downloaded zip file
Windows System Configuration
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit*
1. Setup Build Environment
- 1) Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2008* SP1 in the build machine and make sure that AMD64 complier was selected when installing.
2. Extract Common Source Code
- 1) Extract files in [UDK2010.SR1.MyWorkSpace.zip] to the working space directory (e.g C:). Note the Directory "MyWorkSpace" will be created as a result. In this case, it is C:\MyWorkspace.
- 2) There are two BaseTools package one is for Windows system and another is for UNIX-Like system. Please make sure BaseTools(Windows)_UDK2010.SR1.zip is used here. Expand the appropriate BaseTools to C:\MyWorkSpace
3. Generate OpenSSL* Crypto Library Note: this does not need to be done for Nt32
- Open file "C:\MyWorkspace\CryptoPkg\Library\OpensslLib\Patch-HOWTO.txt" and follow the instruction to install OpenSSL* for UEFI building.
4. Build Steps *** NT32 ***
- 1) Open a command prompt, type command "cd C:\MyWorkspace" to enter the workspace directory, and then type command
> edksetup --nt32
to initialize the working environment. See also: Windows_systems_ToolChain_Matrix for how to change the TOOL_CHAIN_TAG for supported compiler combinations.
- 2) Type below commands to build platforms (below assumes Microsoft Visual Studio 2008)
> build -t VS2008x86
Note: There are two methods to select the tool chain (Use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008* as sample):
- 1. Update TOOL_CHAIN_TAG in file Conf/target.txt: TOOL_CHAIN_TAG = VS2008
- 2. Add -t build option in command line: "build -t VS2008 ... "
For 32-bit VS2008 on 64-bit WINDOWS OS, VS2008x86 should be selected instead of VS2008. Please refer to tools_def.txt for all supported tool chains and detailed descriptions. (tools_def.txt will be generated at Conf directory after running "edksetup".)
- 3. Note Microsoft Visual Studio* 2010 is supported with -t VS2010 or -t VS2010x86
Unix-Like System Configuration
Description: Ubuntu 10*
Release: Ubuntu 10.10*
1. Extract Common Source Code
- 1) Create a working space directory in the build machine, for example, ~/src/
- 2) Extract files in [UDK2010.SR1.MyWorkSpace.zip] the working space directory. In this case, it is ~/src/MyWorkSpace where /MyWorkSpace is created.
- 3) There are two BaseTools packages, one is for Windows system and another is for UNIX-Like system. Please make sure BaseTools(Unix)_UDK2010.SR1.tar is used here.
2. Generate OpenSSL* Crypto Library Note: This does not need to be done for Nt32 Open file "~/src/MyWorkspace/CryptoPkg/Library/OpensslLib/Patch-HOWTO.txt" and follow the instruction to install OpenSSL* for UEFI building.
3. See How to Set up Build environment Using EDK II with Native GCC 4.4 for newer versions of Linux
- a) Please note that here the root is "~/src/MyWorkSpace" instead of "~/src/edk2"
- b) Make sure BaseTools is built and required software like iASL compiler is installed well.
- c) Some operations need switch to user "root" to execute.
4. Build Steps *** Nt32 ***
- 1) Open a terminal and type "cd ~/src/MyWorkSpace" to enter the workspace directory.
- 2) Initialize the build environment by typing
>. edksetup.sh BaseTools
- 3) Type below commands to build platforms
> build -t GCC44