Small Footprint CIM Broker (SFCB)
SFCB is a CIM server for resource-constrained and embedded environments. It is written in C and designed to be modular and lightweight.
SFCB is under active development. The current stable release version is 1.4.4
- Standards-oriented: supports CMPI providers, CIM-XML, MOF
- Small: disk footprint (< 1MB); uses an efficient binary internal object format
- Stable: a provider segfault does not bring down the whole CIMOM
- Configurable: features easily enabled/disabled to suit deployment
- Easy to talk to: HTTP( w/ chunking), HTTPS, Unix domain sockets, LocalConnect interface, SLP
- Tested on UNIX platforms: Linux, BSD; x86, IA64, POWER, MIPS, S/390....
- Packages available from distros: SuSE, Ubuntu (Fedora coming soon)
- Builds easily using GNU Autotools
- Client programs can interface directly with SFCB using SFCC
SfcbTheBook The main SFCB documention (contains most of the old README)
Class Providers - A guide for choosing which class provider and repository type to use Slp - A quickstart guide on configuring and testing SFCB with SLP
Ssl - A quickstart guide on configuring and testing SFCB with SSL
Testing - Using the SFCB test suite
Debugging - Debugging SFCB
Enabling the autonomic data center with a smart bare-metal server platform - A whitepaper discussing setup of SFCB in a pre-boot environment
RPMs are available for Suse, Red Hat and others in the openSUSE Build Service.
Have code to contribute? Awesome. Please follow the steps for contributing code.
- internal object format
- memory management
- provider manager communication and workflows
- class providers