The listed provider packages cover different System Management categories.
- Base OS Instrumentation (cmpi-base) offers CIM access to base OS data, like Computer System, Operating System, Base Board, Processor and Unix Processes.
- Event Log Analysis Instrumentation (cmpi-ela) offers CIM access to Linux ELA data.
- Filesystem and Volume Management Instrumentation (cmpi-fsvol) offers CIM access to Filesystem and Volume Management related data.
- Network Instrumentation (cmpi-network) offers CIM access to network related data.
- NFS Instrumentation (cmpi-nfsv3/4) offers CIM access to NFSv3 and NFSv4 related data.
- NCSA Cooperation was founded to enable CIM based Cluster Management (reference implementation for OpenPBS (cmpi-openpbs)) and CIM based Distributed Monitoring on Linux.
- Parameter Instrumentation (cmpi-params) offers CIM access to the /proc/sys data.
- Router Instrumentation (cmpi-router) offers CIM based router management capabilities for GNU/Linux systems.
- RPM Instrumentation (cmpi-rpm) offers CIM access to the installed Software Packages (currently RPMs).
- SMBIOS Instrumentation (cmpi-smbios) offers CIM access to SMBIOS data.
- Sysfs Instrumentation (cmpi-sysfs) offers CIM access to the kernel devices accessible via /sysfs.
- Syslog Instrumentation (cmpi-syslog) offers CIM access to the syslog service data.
- Service Instrumentation (cmpi-service) offers CIM access to the configured services.
Tyrel Datwyler email@example.com
The [file:CIM_4_Linux.pdf] CIM based Resource Management (11/2002) paper contains descriptions and suggestions for a common CIM Linux Schema. CIM is an implementation-neutral schema to offer overall management information in a network/enterprise environment. A well defined base schema is necessary for the success of CIM on Linux.
The [file:ProviderArchitecture.pdf] Provider Architecture (10/2003) document is a whitepaper for provider programmers. It describes an easy portable and maintenance-friendly architecture for management instrumentation (provider). The three-layered design is the result of our experiences, made during the development of the SBLIM providers/packages.
The [file:MI-FunctionalSpec.pdf] CIM Instrumentation for Linux: Functional Specification (11/2003) is a whitepaper for the cmpi-base, cmpi-fsvol and cmpi-network packages. For each package the three categories "Characteristics", "Model" and "Management Instrumentation" are described in detail. Package characteristics are the supported platforms and dependencies. The Model chapters explain the package specific CIM classes with their associations. The Management Instrumentation chapters describe the provider implementation details and the mapping to the native system resources.
Testing Indications Using the SBLIM Providers - A quickstart for testing indications