- Starting QLandkarte GT.
- Quick start.
- Main Window QLandkarte GT.
- A Grand Day Out - a comprehensive introduction of QLandkarte GT
Working with maps
- Open an online map
- Open a downloaded map
- Moving around
- Transfer a map to a GPS unit
- Overlay maps with other maps
- Use SRTM data as Digital Elevation Model (DEM)
- Collection of WMS maps
Working with tracks
- Open a track
- Edit a track
- Display of GPX track extensions
- Transfer a track to or from a GPS unit
- Create artificial track to plan a tour
Working with waypoints
Working with routes
Working with Live Data
Working with the Geo Database Manager
With version 0.19.1 QLandkarte GT is able to store waypoints, tracks, and overlays in a SQLite database. The Geo Database Manager gives you access to this database and let's you restructure your personal data in a quite sophisticated way.
Supported GPS models
- Working with GPS receivers with USB Mass Storage Support.
- Retrieving Tracks from a Garmin ForeRunner 405 on a Linux machine (use the original Garmin software if you own a Windows machine or a Mac).
Installing or compiling
- Installing QLandkarte GT
- Compiling QLandkarte GT on Kubuntu
- Compiling QLandkarte GT on Windows
- The OSM Wiki contains a nice description on installing QLandkarte GT in Ubuntu
This stub contains some items that need some ordering.
End User Help
While QLandkarte GT also runs on Microsoft Windows, the following help pages are (currently) to some extend Linux-centric. Please help us to also document any differences you notice on Microsoft Windows (Windows itself notwithstanding of course).