Protoreto is a prototyping tool that can be used to quickly create software prototypes from scratch, or based on paper prototypes, mock-up graphics, screenshots, photos, etc. User interaction can be captured, replayed and analyzed thanks to a Jacareto module. It is possible to export your Protoreto prototypes as AJAX web applications to perform online usability studies.
Protoreto is open-source software licensed under the GNU GPL. You can download the binary as well as example prototypes from the SourceForge download page.
- 2010-07-16 Protoreto 0.3.3 has been released, it brings minor improvements to the editor. View the change log or go to the download page!
- 2010-07-16 Protoreto 0.3.2 has been released. View the change log or go to the download page!
- 2010-07-05 Parts of the web export feature have been rewritten to improve efficiency and to work around the Avira false alarms.
- 2010-07-01 We have registered a domain name. You can now reach this page via .
- 2010-06-29 We have created an own SourceForge project for Protoreto. Before, it was hosted in the Jacareto project.
The following demos were created with Protoreto and converted to web pages via Protoreto's web export feature.
- ATM - Simulates an automated teller machine. This demo shows hand-drawn background images, click areas, and simple script code that modifies a text field.
- (more coming soon)