So, here's how the dynamic of the new Creative Economy works. It has three pillars: Art, Science, and Community.
A physical space provides the necessary gathering place for people and to hold projects. Pangaia forms the matrix on the virtual side which holds it all together across the various communities.
What the diagram represents
Two triangles, linking the virtual and physical sides of the equation (see discussion). These form, respectively, the organizing principles for a new system of civilization. The Santa Fe Complex is used below because that is a place where these concepts were developed, but the concepts apply anywhere. (See also the Macrocosm.)
In contrast to the macrodynamic, this takes inputs (money and attention) and forms the seed for a Tree of Life.
Note: This text is out-of date.
It is suggested that the two interacting triangles form a living, breathing dynamic. /\ ... \/
I. SF_Complex: (top-down triangle)
- The Santa Fe Complex is the physical half of the dynamic, having establishing itself as the something of an open enterprise organization, allowing a loose organization of funding, people, and projects (provided they fall under their general rubric and mission). A place for events and sharing of resources.
- A. Its points:
- B. Lines of the triangle:
The above sit in a background (or circle) of data in which it draws assets and observations from and form a vortex of sorts that moves towards the center of the triangle within a matrix of tags (forming the point-nodes within it) and capital and messaging flows (as the edge-links of that matrix).
/\ || \/
II. Content-centric Internet: (bottom-up triangle)
- This project acts as a virtual platform for organizing the events, people, and projects of the Santa Fe Complex (and beyond) by providing a unified system to model a new domain of personal and collective activity.
- A. Points:
- B. Lines:
These sit in a background of vectors in which it draws interest from and form a vortex that moves outwards from the center within a matrix of lucrative activities as point-nodes in within it. The similarity to the Jewish star of David is not coincidental. As this is the completion of a Journey of Knowledge, that symbol encodes wisdom about the
So, to re-iterate, Money is the source of energy on the left-hand side of the dynamic, while Attention is the source of energy on the right-hand side.
These two are interconnected via an additional dimension. This dimension is along the material vs. immaterial axis (or Physical vs Virtual) and are as follows:
I. At the Macro level (the outer surface of the triangle/structure):
- A. Reputation (links to) --> social networking
- B. Wealth Stores --> accomplishments
- C. Attention is an external input
- D. Funding is an external input
- E. per-item voting links to projects
- F. user-ranking links to people
II. At the Micro level (the inner surfaces of the triangle):
- A. Tags polarity inverts from point (in the top-down triangle) to a line *of* the bottom-up triangle
- B. lucrative activity polarity inverts from point (in pangaia triangle) to a line of the *sfcomplex* triangle.
Not shown , but drawn between the two triangles: . Working together, these two triangles form a living, breathing dynamic to create a Tree of Life. The similarity to the Hebrew Star of David is not accidental (refer to the Kaballah for more).
- The Transition Handbook for more ideas.
- Be sure to see the complement to this diagram: the macro dynamic.
Credit to Stephen Guerin, member of the sf_x for coining the "People, project, and tags" idea that inspired this one.