Save your work
There are several ways in OpenCyc to save your work.
- Transcript - this is created by OpenCyc as you create content in the Knowledge Base. It is a list of all the operations that the OpenCyc server performed to make your content. If you save it off, and then read it back in, you can recreate your work.
- Save World - This does not work in the Java based version of OpenCyc. It was a way to save the entire memory image of the Cyc server into a file and allow the server to load it back in when the server restarted, just as if it never stopped.
- Save Partition - This is created explicitly by a Cyclist by identifying the part of the knowledge base that the Cyclist wants to save off and load back in later.
- KE Text File - this is a way of writing the information you want to add to your knowledge base in a text file in a special focused language called KE Text, so it can be read back in at any time.
- API Text File - this is a way of writing the SubL commands that will recreate the information you want to add to your knowledge base in a text file in the SubL language, so it can be read back in at any time.