Understanding Stale Caches
The information in your OCM database can become stale for a couple of reasons, including:
- A cache owner archives a cache, in which case it's no longer in your downloaded Pocket Queries even though it's still in your OCM database
- You have not imported a Pocket Query for a particular area into OCM for a long time
As of version 1.0.7, OCM will indicate caches that are stale, where the information has not been updated in a long time. The default threshold for a cache to become stale is 60 days, however you can adjust this to be longer or shorter depending on your preferences and how often you import Pocket Queries.
Changing Your Stale Cache Preferences
- Go to Edit → Preferences...
- Go to Behaviour
- To disable stale cache highlighting, uncheck Highlight caches not updated within xxx days
- To change the number of days for a cache to become stale, edit the number of days in the Highlight caches not updated within xxx days field
- Click OK