Open Eye - Business Process Management
Welcome to Open Eye
This is the home of the Open Eye project, which is a Business Process Management (BPM) solution. Open Eye can best be described as an integration project which reuses existing efforts made within the open source community, like jBPM, Birt and Seam, to create an off-the-shelf BPM solution. Open Eye comes with many ready to use processes which can easily be customized and tailored to meet your specific needs.
Open Eye is an open source project that aims to fill the gap for process digitalization, mainly within business and IT operations that intend to implement standard processes in general (e.g. SOX, CoBIT, ITIL, MOF). One problem many companies have today is insufficient process management within the operating units. A common solution to this problem is to procure software tools that are mainly based on rich functional specifications. This often leads to unnecessary complex solutions that are not only costly to aquire but also requires a long implementaion period due to advanced technical configuration, extensive training of end-users and complex preparations of the maintenance organization.
According to our point of view there is a huge efficiency potential and cost savings to be made by instead focusing on a more process oriented workflow. Our conviction is that the main responsibilities within an IT organization, when supporting business operations with new or enhanced IT solutions, are as follows:
- IT Cost Control
- Time to Market
- Risk Management
The above cannot easily be accomplished by focusing on feature rich tools for each and every area within the organization. Instead, it is necessary to make the end-to-end processes flow efficiently by connecting those processes that are related and fixing those that are disjoint.
This is also the intended use of Open Eye; to be used together with the existing set of applications and to connect all the different information sources that are necessary to make the information flow smoothly throughout the organization without disjoints.
- Visualization of processes by digitalization
- Process monitoring and reporting
- Integration of information sources related by process
- Standardization of process information between people, products and partners
The main objective for 2010 is to provide a Process Management solution for companies which dramatically lower the cost of acquisition and ownership over legacy and proprietary offerings.
We will expand existing capabilities to enhance performance and scalability as well as provide the tools and services to support the management of deployments in mission critical applications.
To achieve this we will focus on the following areas:
- Report Management
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
See the Open Eye FAQ for common questions, problems and their solutions, alternatively send an email to openeye -AT- anchormc -DOT- se for personal contact regarding the Open Eye Project, general information or commercial aspects.
Improve the Open Eye project!
What needs and challenges are you and your organization facing in the area of business process management? Please contribute to the Open Eye Project with your experience and know-how!
If you wish to contribute, please review the questions below and send an email to openeye -AT- anchormc -DOT- se:
- What’s your main interest in Open Eye?
- What key features are you looking for in Open Eye?
- Do you want to participate in the Open Eye project?
Open Eye code is licensed under the GPL v3 or later.
- For commercial services and products relating to Open Eye, please refer to the commercial website. Open Eye
- The Open Eye Project is coordinated by Anchor Management Consulting. The project were initiated to provide a robust BMP solution using Open Source components. Anchor Management
- jBPM is a platform for executable process languages ranging from business process management (BPM) over workflow to service orchestration. jBPM or later.
- BIRT is an open source Eclipse-based reporting system that integrates with your Java/J2EE application to produce compelling reports. Birt
- RichFaces is a component library for JSF and an advanced framework for easily integrating AJAX capabilities into business applications. Richfaces