About OpenOffice Pinyin Guide
OO Pinyin Guide is a Java extension for OpenOffice 3 or higher. It enables to add pinyin transliteration over Chinese characters inside a text document.
This tool can be useful for people learning or teaching Chinese.
It is basically an extended version of the "Asian Phonetic Guide" provided by OpenOffice.org.
OO Pinyin Guide is based on the jpinyinlookup library to handle the Chinese to pinyin conversion. The jpinyinlookup library is currently bundled with OO Pinyin Guide and is based on the CEDICT dictionary from MDBG.
OO Pinyin Guide is published under the GPLv3.
- Support for simplified and traditional Chinese characters
- Convert Chinese characters to pinyin
- Add pinyin transliteration over selected hanzi characters in OpenOffice text documents
- Pinyin rubies can be grouped by words or kept separate
Document with Chinese characters
Opening the Pinyin Guide dialog
Pinyin Guide dialog, with automatic pinyin conversion
After applying the changes, the pinyin appears over the Chinese characters
- Project website: http://oopinyinguide.sourceforge.net
- OpenOffice extensions directory: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/oopinyinguide
- Freshmeat project page: http://freshmeat.net/projects/oo-pinyin-guide
- Ohloh project page: http://www.ohloh.net/p/oopinyinguide