NEXT3(TM) is a flavor of the widely used Ext3 file system with built-in support for snapshots.
- Backward and forward compatible to Ext3
- Incremental, volume level, read-only snapshots
- Snapshots use available file system disk space
- Snapshot deletion frees up disk space
- Retains Ext3 stability including journaling and fsck
- Small performance overhead
- Getting started
- Conversion from Ext3 and back
- Snapshots design
- Code documentation
Please contact the project administrator directly or post a message to the next3-devel mailing list.
Source Code Download
Next3 code will be published on the project page soon.
Please contact the project administrator if you would like to get a copy of the source code.
Next3 was tested on X86 and ARM platforms with 512MB RAM.
Please contact the project administrator if you would like to become a beta tester.
Please contact the project administrator if you would like to run benchmarks.