If you are trying to get a device working with ndiswrapper, please help ndiswrapper project wiki by contributing your findings. See HowToContribute
Microsoft MN-720 80211g 54Mbps PCMCIA card
- Chipset: Broadcom 43xG (maybe a 4306?)
- pciid: 14e4:4325 (rev 02) subsystem 1414:0003
- Option 1: Use a homegrown driver INF file that I have created, along with the same SYS file from above. It has the benefit that you will not have to create any symlinks. I'm hosting it for your convenience at http://ankhcraft.com/drivers/mn720-ankh.zip Please note that I do not provide any warranty for this INF file that I have created, express or implied. All I can say is that it works for me, and I've used this card heavily (with this driver).
- Option 2: Use Dell's TrueMobile? 1300 driver. I'm hosting it for your convenience at http://ankhcraft.com/drivers/bcmwl5.zip Please note that the pciids are not the same for this card, so, following driver installation into ndiswrapper, you'll need to create some symlinks, like so (as root): ln -s 14e4:4320:1028:0002.conf /etc/ndiswrapper/14e4:4325:1414:0003.conf ln -s 14e4:4325:1414:0003.conf /etc/ndiswrapper/14e4:4325.conf
- Option 3: Use Microsoft's driver from the cd (or optionally from http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/141/141400.htm ) Please be warned that this driver does not play nice with Linux hosted NDIS emulation wrappers in general. In order to get this driver work with ndiswrapper specifically, you must make sure you do NOT have the card plugged into the cardbus slot when you insert the ndiswrapper module. You'll get a kernel panic if you do, and then you're toast. Plug the card in afterward. After this, it works wonderfully. Also, it is worth mentioning that the Microsoft driver is known to be unstable when used with LinuxAnt 's driverloader. You may experience random system lockups, even though you may avoid the kernel panic mentioned above. I would suggest that you stay away from this driver under Linux. firstname.lastname@example.org - ankhcraft
Distro-specific: Gentoo 2.6.11-r4, ndiswrapper 1.1 ebuild (older: Gentoo 2.6.7-r11, Ndiswrapper 0.10 ebuild) (The older build, as of 8-22-2004, was not in portage tree - i'm still hosting it at http://184.108.40.206:8080/ebuilds/ndiswrapper-0.10.ebuild and http://220.127.116.11:8080/ebuilds/files/ndiswrapper-0.10-modules.d - honestly, you shouldn't need to use this older build anymore, though)